- Making a true decision means committing to achieving the desired result, and then cutting yourself off from any other possibility. But this statement is often misinterpreted by most of us. We often become rigid with the approach and keeps repeating the same process again and again which we somehow realize that it is not taking us to the result we want. We have to learn the craft of flexibility. We have to stay committed to our decisions, but also have to become flexible with our approach. By the process of elimination we have to eliminate all the approaches which are not leading us to our result. Then by experience and knowledge gained through all the things that did not worked earlier, we will ultimately find the correct path which will eventually take us to our desired result.
2. What you link pain to and what you link pleasure to shapes your destiny. First of all decide and write it down what are good and what are bad for you and your goals. Link pain to the bad ones and pleasure to the good ones. If you are able to link pain to your bad habits and pleasure to your good habits then you are in control of your life but if the opposite is the case then life controls you.
3. As long as you believe something, your brain will operates on the auto-pilot mode. It will start filtering any inputs, feedback, judgments from the environment and society around us and will start searching for references to validate your belief, regardless of what it is. Hence it becomes very important for us to refine our belief system. We have to create, modify or eliminate our beliefs accordingly so that our belief system only supports our goals and completely opposes our distractions.
4. Visualization has limitless power. With enough emotional intensity and repetition, our entire nervous system starts to experience something as real, even it hasn’t occurred yet. Visualization does not mean that you have to visualize yourself at the finish line holding the victory trophy but rather it means to visualize yourself doing the process to get to that finish line. You have to visualize yourself going through the pain and suffering involved in the process to reach the finish line. With enough visualization of pain and suffering involved, you will be mentally fully prepared and will be able to conquer that event in the real world because a mentally fully prepared person has already won half the battle before the battle even starts.
5. The one thing that you can do NOW to improve your life is to TAKE ACTION. Each action you take reinforces your commitment towards your dreams and goals. Each action you take raises the level of emotional intensity and conviction attached with your dreams and goals.
If this article has impacted and motivated you to take action towards your goals and inspired you to live a better life, don’t forget to Like and Share this article. Write down your thoughts about this article in the Comment section.
Featured image credit: pixabay.com