- How we deal with adversities and challenges will shape our lives more than anything else. Life is going to be challenging, it has to be. Nobody in the world has accomplished anything without facing any obstacles. Growing is not possible if we always remain inside our comfort zone, trying to avoid the struggles of our life. In order to grow we must face, attack and overcome adversities, struggles and challenges of our lives.
2. The only true security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are improving in some way. Make daily practical targets and give your best to achieve them. Raise the level of your daily targets by some percent every single day. At the end of each day ask yourself questions like what have I learned today? What did I enjoy? What skills did I improve today? Make this self questioning a daily habit and also try to write down the answers. By doing this daily habit you will become fully aware and accountable for your life.
3. Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give it. Many of us have tendency to give more priority, time, energy and value to less important things. We become stressed and worried about things that are completely out of out control. By doing so we only increase the distance between ourselves and our goals. Don’t give meanings to things that have nothing to do with your goals. Invest time and assign true meaning to things or situations which directly impacts you and your goals.
4. In order to bring out a change, first we have to believe that ‘something must change’. Note that we never have to completely change ourselves in every domain of our life, only we have to change some particular areas where we can do better and succeed. And in case if you have the mentality that everything is okay and there is nothing to change then immediately drop that mentality because however fine everything looks, still there are definitely some areas in your life that have a scope of improvement. Steve Jobs perfectly said, “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself : If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
5. Success truly is the output of good judgement. Good judgement is the output of experience, and experience is often the output of bad judgments. So never be afraid of taking risk. You might take some bad judgement or decisions and you may think that you failed. But reality is that you failed to realize that you received a very valuable gift of life called experience. The experience that you will gain while making bad judgement and mistakes will forever guide you at every moment of your life. Eventually at a point you will start making more good judgement and less bad judgement and you will finally be able to reach where you wanted to reach.
If this article has impacted and motivated you to take action towards your goals and inspired you to live a better life, don’t forget to Like and Share this article. Write down your thoughts about this article in the Comment section.
Featured image credit: pixabay.com