- Blaming has never solved anything and it never will. You have to be completely responsible of your own situation. When we are going through bad times or depression, then we often tend to blame someone else for our condition. This might be even true that it’s really someone else’s fault that has put you into this state. But blaming someone else is definitely not going to take out you from this suffering condition. To come out from that depressing state you have to become the Driver of your life. Once you have taken complete charge of your own life, eventually the dark clouds of depression will go away and the sun of happiness and success will shine again.
2. Having a good mind is not enough, using it well is the main thing. Many people have brilliant and gifted mind but they never succeed in life because they use it for wrong things. There are so many criminals that really have a very sharp brain but the problem is that they use it for planning and creating destruction, unrest and terror. Education of using the brain in the right direction should be taught first because once a person understand whats the right path which serves the humanity, then the brain is destined to get sharpen in the journey of goodness.
3. Once you effect a change, you should reinforce it immediately. Then, you have to condition your entire body and mind to succeed not just once, but consistently. I have discussed that first step to make a change is to realize that ‘something must change’ in Weekly Wisdom #3. Once when you have realized and discovered what must change, then you have to reinforce that change again and again. Remember doing something for only few times will never produce long term results. For long term results you have to enact that change consistently for many days until it gets align with your nervous system and becomes an inseparable part of you.
4. One of the strongest forces in human personality is the drive to preserve and protect the integrity of our own identity. Never do anything that jeopardize your soul. Don’t hang in with people who drain your mental peace. Learn to say NO to such people. Identify your identity and do things that you want to do, that makes you happy and which nourishes your soul. Famous Greek philosopher, Epictetus said “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly”.
5. The only antidote of ego is self honesty. Where there is self honesty, there is no place for ego. You have to be raw and real with yourself. You can’t just say I am the best in everything or I suck at everything. You have to acknowledge the existence of both sides of the coin. Self honesty is accepting that I am good at these things, I am great at these things and I am terrible at these things. Self honesty will compel you to live an ego-free life and it will give you the courage and wisdom to master and improve both your strengths and weaknesses.
If this article has impacted and motivated you to take action towards your goals and inspired you to live a better life, don’t forget to Like and Share this article. Write down your thoughts about this article in the Comment section.
Featured image credit: pixabay.com