- The reason why we struggle to find our passion is because the world is constantly pushing us way from our strengths. We have constantly been told to focus on our weaknesses. But in reality, to do something great, we have to completely dedicate ourselves at our strengths, not on our weaknesses. Remember that you cannot master multiple things simultaneously but you can definitely master one thing at a time. So instead of wasting time and energy to improve your weaknesses, strengthen and master your strengths first. Once you have mastered your strengths than you can always go back and improve your weaknesses too.
2. You have full control over the preparation, the process and the practice but you have zero control over the potential result. So stop worrying about the future possible outcomes, just get up and do the work. Detach yourself from the results, and enjoy the process.
3. I had discussed about importance of having a structured morning routine in Weekly Wisdom #5. So the question arises that what things exactly makes a structured morning routine? There are 3 things that you should integrate together to form your structured morning routine. First thing is gratitude. Dedicate at least 5 minutes every morning to express gratitude to begin your day with peace and happiness. Second is meditation. There are so many different types of mediation so I would recommend you to find which mediation fits best with you and practice it every morning. Third is exercise. It can be walking, jogging, running, going to gym or home workout. The main idea is to move your body which will deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently throughout the day.
4. One of the things that can turn anyone around is reaching a pain threshold. This means experiencing pain at such an intense level that you know you must change now. You don’t have to harm your body physically, you just have to create immense pain by visualizing all the negative consequences, that bad habit can cause you in short term as well as in long term period. Pain threshold is a point at which your mind will say, “I have had it, I can’t spend another day, not another moment, living or feeling this way.” If you want to break free from any bad habit in an instance, just reach the pain threshold because after reaching the pain threshold, your brain can never tolerate that bad habit again.
5. We have to create that peace and calm within us. Realize that you can find peace and calm by only going inwards not outwards. By this I mean that nothing external can provide you peace, it’s you and your daily habits that will provide you peace which will help you to deal with stress and problems with complete calmness. Ralph Waldo Emerson perfectly said, “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.”
If this article has impacted and motivated you to take action towards your goals and inspired you to live a better life, don’t forget to Like and Share this article. Write down your thoughts about this article in the Comment section.
Featured image credit: pixabay.com